Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I absolutely REFUSE to participate!

There’s so much negative press today about the economy and instability of it. I just can’t participate! Of course it’s important to stay informed about the facts necessary to go out and do business each day. However, the rest of it is just rhetoric to draw in readers, listeners or viewers. If I get caught up in the gloom and doom of it all, where will my mind be and how can I possibly help anyone?

Here’s what I do know…

Someone in my marketplace is going to buy or sell a house TODAY and it’s my job to find them.
What are the necessary facts?
· Interest rates could go up. Even at 1% increase, they’re still ONLY 5% to 5.5%! Ok, I can handle that. We’re nowhere near double digits.
· Prices may drop some more. Well, they’ve been falling for 5 years and our average price is still over $300,000. It’s now that much more affordable for buyers coming into my market!
· Rental income is up for the third year in a row. Talk about affordability. With low rates, low prices and plentiful income, why would anyone wait to buy?
So based on this…I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE in negative banter. This country has been in recessions, depressions, and other major economic turmoil before and we’ve always survived. Every day I go out and do my job and my clients and I will be winners! 
Are you looking to buy or sell on the Outer Banks today? If so, I’m at work and thinking positive thoughts! Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment