Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Do we lose more business from UNDER calling or OVER calling our leads?


MeDo we lose more business from OVER calling or UNDER calling?
I’m blessed with the ability to handle rejection.  I guess that’s the best way to describe why I’m able to keep calling until I get the absolute NO!  Or maybe I just don’t hear well…LOL
Either way, my mentor taught me early in my career that we will lose more business from UNDER calling our leads, not from OVER calling them.  Yesterday I had a new client tell me he “liked my persistence.”  I hear that quite often actually.  You see, I figure if I’ve got a qualified prospect on the phone, they want me (sometimes need me) to be persistent and get the job done. 
It’s amazing to me how agents want to be in this business and don’t possess the basic skill of being able to follow up with a lead or handle an objection.  By handling objections you’re able to help the consumer identify what they need to do in order to have the best outcome for themselves.  If you won’t do it, an actual SALESPERSON will come along and do it for you.  Then you, the agent, is sitting there wondering what that person did to get that business.  THEY DID THEIR JOB!
When was the last time a client applauded your persistence?  The really motivated clients WANT it, NEED it and APPRECIATE it.  So, what’s your answer? 
Have you lost more from UNDER calling or OVER calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment