Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Interview with Max the Peek-A-Poo


Interview with Max the Peek-A-Poo
I’m pleased for you to meet Max Matteson, adorable pup and companion to Ilona Matteson who is a real estate agent on the Outer Banks.  Max is a Pekinese and Poodle mixed pup who weighs about 17 pounds.  He is an active little guy and I think you’ll enjoy meeting him!
Max, tell us a little about yourself.
Max:  Well, I’ll be 4 years old on July 24th.  I was adopted by my Mommy in October of 2007.  We first lived in Richmond for a little while and now we are in Duck, NC.  Our house is close to the beach and Mommy walks us every day on the beach.  I love to chase the sand crabs!
You mentioned “us.”  Is there another pup in the house?
Max: Yes.  Mom’s boyfriend Charlie has a dog named Rajah.  He’s a big Pit Bull but he’s really nice.  Really, I’m in charge even though he outweighs me by 40 pounds!  He’s just a big softie.  I like having a brother.
So Max, what kinds of things do you like to do?
Max: Well, I like to play.  A LOT!  Mom always has toys for me and we play tug of war and fetch.  I like to sit in her lap and be close to her too.  Mom is a great cook so I like the rare times when she lets me have a quick bite too!

Do you know any tricks?
Max: OH YESSSSS!  My Mommy was very diligent in teaching me early on some great tricks.  I can do the basics you know…sit, shake, high five, roll over (in both directions), bark, heel, sit up, stay.  I can even do some really cool tricks like kiss (just the nose) and I also give hugs.  That’s Mommy’s favorite trick.  She always has me showing that one off.


Are there any challenges to being a smaller pup?
Max: Not really.  I kinda like it because I can hide in places that Rajah can’t get me.  Sometimes he wants to play when I’m tired and so I just go hide from him.  I also like being “lap size” because that’s my favorite place to sit.  Being small, I also get lots of “ooohs” and “ahhhs” on how cute I am.  Most people think small dogs are yappers.  Not me.  I don’t like all that noise.  I only bark on command or to let Mommy know of danger or guests.  So all in all, I’m just fine with my size.
Anything else you’d like to share or talents you have?
Well, I guess the last thing is that I’m great at getting my photo taken.  Rajah never sits still, but when Mommy wants to take my picture, I just sit still until she says ok.  She loves that!  We have a lot of fun living at the beach and my Mommy gets to help lots of families buy homes on the beach too.  She talks about her job all the time and sometimes I get to meet her clients.  We have a really nice life!  I really like Charlie too.  It’s fun having a man around the house.  The 3 of us outnumber her!  (Charlie, Me, Rajah)

Thanks Max for your time.  Now go have a wonderful day!










No comments:

Post a Comment